This weekend I went back home to Arizona..again. This time I went as a tourist, rental car, hotel, the works. I got to see my home state in a totally different way. Spring Training (Baseball) is a wonderful tradition that takes advantage of the beautiful weather in Arizona. Baseball fans from all over the country, especially the colder states, visit the sunny state for relief from their snowy driveways and to watch their favorite teams in a more intimate setting.
My boyfriend's family goes every year to watch the Giants, and this year I got to go too! After a quick flight over we started off with some authentic Mexican food, and then headed straight to the pool. It wasn't exactly swimming temperature, but perfect for another margarita by the pool. As a local I knew exactly which pools were the best for this, and Fairmont Princess in North Scottsdale is one of them. There is not just one, but three pools throughout the resort.
Sunday was all about the game. Although I love baseball, it is more about the atmosphere of the stadium for me than the actual sport. Fans drinking cold beer and eating hot dogs topped with grilled onions and mustard. We got there in plenty of time to scout out all of the food options. I got an awesome new hat, that I love! It will be perfect for my trip next weekend to San Fransisco. We even had four foul balls fly our way. It got everybody very excited. Another wonderful weekend in AZ.

No comments:
Post a Comment