Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cornwall













After months in foreign lands I breathed a sigh of relief just boarding the plane to England. It felt wonderful to be back in the familiar countryside of my birthplace. Cornwall is the most southern county in England. Its filled with an amazing history and culture all it's own. There is even a Cornish language. The countryside is idyllic, and you are never far from a beautiful beach cove.
I spent all of my time catching up with my huge wonderful family, and a few friends. Me and my friend Paul embarked on an adventure one gloomy Monday and walked from Mullion to the Lizard, England's most southerly point. We loved the spectacular views, the incredibly unpredictable weather, but had to admit the final destination was lacking in splendor. The only marker to indicate we'd made it all the way to the end of England was a gift shop. Still, its worth the walk just to see the wild cattle that have been released to graze on the abundant foliage.
Another afternoon my Granny and I walked to Pollurian Hotel where I worked as a waitress six years ago. Its gone through a few different owners and the newest transformation is gorgeous.
Here are a few of my favorite activities to ensure you have a perfect time in Cornwall:


Kayaking at Polduh
Biking to Padstow
Read the newspapers
Jig saw puzzles
Coastal path walks
Play with babies
Dress up like pirates
Eat plenty of pastys and cream teas

1 comment:

  1. England is truly amazing, I just visited this past summer. My family lives in Harrogate. I've been to Cornwall as well, it's gorgeous! Love all of the country side pictures. Your blog is great, I'm looking forward to following it, I'd love for you to follow me as well! :)

    xoxo
    Ellen

    www.seizethestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails