Friday, August 5, 2011

Santa Maria










Part of a group of islands that includes Spiaggia Rosa, the pink beach, Santa Maria was one of my favorite stops. The beach is dotted with a few private homes, but nothing else. You can walk to the top of the island where there is a tiny Catholic church and great views of a lagoon. During our stop here I even had the rare opportunity to play a game of volleyball with a group staying in one of the houses. Beautiful beach with a little bit of life and no tourists, it doesn't get much better.

The second time we came here I took advantage of the rare chance for a jog, and then stripped down for a swim in the ocean right around sunset. It was just about as magical as it sounds. I don't know why people pay for expensive salt water float treatments when they could just buy a ticket a the nearest beach instead. Oh yeah, the homes also share their wifi, it may add to the reason I like this place so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails