The artist who envisioned Katie Perry's California Gurls video, Will Cotton, took the Candy Land inspired idea to a much higher level level. In a new exhbition at the Michael Kohn gallery in LA you can see other images of girls drapped in candy wrappers and set amongst sweets. The way he makes ice cream look like a landscape of snow in this painting is beautiful. If I had to pick a dessert to be painted into I would have a very hard time deciding. Maybe chocolate cake?
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Sweet Art
The artist who envisioned Katie Perry's California Gurls video, Will Cotton, took the Candy Land inspired idea to a much higher level level. In a new exhbition at the Michael Kohn gallery in LA you can see other images of girls drapped in candy wrappers and set amongst sweets. The way he makes ice cream look like a landscape of snow in this painting is beautiful. If I had to pick a dessert to be painted into I would have a very hard time deciding. Maybe chocolate cake?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment