skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Franklin Village



I have lived in LA for over two years, and one of my favorite things to do is find new neighborhoods. One of my friends just moved into an apartment in this charming area called Franklin Village. It is right below the Hollywood sign between Hollywood and Los Feliz. Our walk around the area became quite the adventure. We first stopped at a wonderful boutique that was serving wine and chocolate, then rummaged around a used record/book store. We passed a couple of really fun looking restaurants. I loved the red lantern lights that hung on the patio of Birds Bar. The Oaks Gourmet, a small but expensive grocery store, had all the food I would ever want, including an amazing display of cupcakes, racks of wine, olives, cheese, and what is advertised as "LA's #5 Best Burger". After we wandered along the shops, we turned up a street and into the actual neighborhood.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Franklin Village. La Poubelle is also known to have amazing french fries, and the garlic sticks at Prizzi's are unbeat... :)
ReplyDelete